Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Smorgasbord

Y'all. I am so dang excited to link up tonight with Michelle over at Fabulous in First.  (She doesn't know it, but she was the first teacher blog I ever followed and I think she's so dang smart and creative.)  To celebrate summer, she has an adorable weekly link up where you share basically anything you want. So I'm going to share a few random parts of my life, and if you feel compelled/inspired to do the same you can find her blog right here.
                                                  

{one}
*Dramatic pause/sigh*  I. am. still. in. school.  And we have 2 more whole weeks, plus a teacher work day.  (That means I'm workin' for the man until June 23rd, in case you're not sitting near your calendar.)  Thanks, worst winter ever, and all of the federal holidays ever.  At least starting this week we're starting end of year celebrations.  This Tuesday is Field Day, one of my most favorite activities every year.

{two}
Yesterday, we had our housewarming party.  Yesterday was June 7th.  Y'all, we moved in February.  I don't know why we always do that.  But the weather was beautiful.  We fired up the grill and it was so nice we were even able to hang outside and use our new Tiki torches.  I always hate how much work you have to do before you have a party, but I sure do love having them.  I just love when all the people I like the most are all together for any reason--housewarming, wedding, just a Friday night.

{three}
This past week I started a pretty intense diet.  One of the fitness blog's I follow does some seasonal Shreds, and I've been making excuses to myself about why I haven't been losing the weight for about 6 months now and I finally decided it's time to do something about it.  It's a pretty serious adjustment--no Diet Coke (say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!)--but I'm totally on board to build a better, stronger me.  However, I will say that these guys have totally gotten me through this week.  They generally hold me over from breakfast to lunch.  I've tried a couple different types this week but these Almond & Coconut ones where the best.  By far.
They totally kept me on track.  They're sweet without being over the top.  I just really can't say enough good things about them.

{four}
One of the most adorable of my nuggets made this picture for me earlier this week and gave it to me.  She said "Here, Mrs. Wilser.  I made this for you.  It's a picture of Egypt.  I read about it on RAZ Kids."

 I love how spongey first grade minds are.  And I love when they love to learn.

Okay, kids.  That's all you're going to get from me tonight.  It's 9:55 and I still have a few jobs to finish before I can call it a night.  I hope you had a great weekend, and that the summer breakers amongst us take advantage of their no alarm mornings.

Happy Monday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment