Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sweet Mother of Pearl!

Friends--IT IS TIME FOR THE DECEMBER CURRENTLY.  How is that even possible?!  Can there really be only 25 days until Christmas?!  YIKES!

Well, since I love a good party, and have ridiculous FOMO I'm here to share my December Currently.
I think that generally everything on my Currently this month is pretty self-explanatory, but it was hard for me to pick my favorite tradition.  I really love the way that we celebrate Christmas with our family in the day time, and then all of our family friends or friends who don't necessarily have family in the area come over in the evening.  We usually end up with close to 30 people at my parents' house on Christmas day.  It's so fun.  But really, I think that my favorite tradition is the wreath laying at Arlington National Cemetery.  The hubs and I have been doing it every year, since we started dating, so I think that I probably also like it for that reason.  It's one of the first Saturdays in December and tons of volunteers come out to Arlington and lay a wreath on every single grave at Arlington.  People travel huge distances for the event; there are active military members, foreign military members, veterans, ROTC, motorcycle groups, regular civilian schmoes, like me and Mr. Spouse...it's so inspiring to see so many people bundle up to honor our veterans who gave their lives for this country.  I'm so excited to read other people's favorite holiday traditions!  I'm such a nerd. 

Happy holidays, sweet friends!
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to you having to pick between family and your school stuff... I chose family and fun all weekend and now I'm suddenly realizing all the stuff that got ignored on my to-do list!! :-( Go watch the game and try to have fun!

    P.S. LOVE your blog design! I keep running across cute designs and every time I do it's Christi's. Too cute!

    Kristen
    Sprinkled in Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! I would absolutely recommend Christi the next time you're interested in redesigning your blog. She was super easy to work with, and did a great job of answering questions and giving feedback. She was fantastic!

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love your Christmas tradition. My husband and I are about 4 hours from DC and I would travel up there to participate. Such a great thing to do!!
    ~Amanda
    Linking up from Farley's Currently

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amanda! Here's more information about the wreath laying: http://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/. If you can't make it you can also donate to the company that makes and transports the wreaths to Arlington. =)

      Delete