Monday, December 9, 2013

My Truth Monday

Okay, y'all.  Today I'm doing some weeknight blogging to link up with Denise at Sunny Days for a HILARIOUS party.


The topic for My Truth Monday this week?  Lyrics that you thought you knew, but you didn't!

I was born in the 80s, and grew up in the 90s, but the first songs I knew were the classic rock that my parents always listened to...Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin.  You get the idea.  The Steve Miller Band has a song called "Big Old Jet Airliner".

I mean, really, I can't even explain that.  Big Old Chad a light on?!  What does that even mean?!  I challenge you to listen to that song though and NOT hear Big Old Chad had a light on.  Even now, I can still hear it.  

And, of course, this Jimmy Buffet classic.  
I mean, really, I knew the song was called Fins.  I don't know why I thought they said Dance to the left, Dance to the right.  BUT if we're being 100% honest I actually didn't even realize the true lyrics until about 2 years ago.  It was the year my husband and I were engaged and we were driving home for Christmas, listening to Jimmy Buffet's greatest hits and Fins came on and I was singing and dancing (as I usually do) to that song and as soon as I wailed "you gotta dance to the left, dance to the right" the hubs was like "uh, say what?!  It's FINS to the left, FINS to the right".  That's a real thing that happened in my life.  (Awkward face)

Alright, y'all.  I hope my idiocy has lightened your Monday a bit.  Have a great week!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment