Tuesday, September 1, 2015

#TeacherWeek15 Make Ahead Meals


One Pot Mexican Skillet Pasta - This Mexican-inspired pasta dish can be made in 30 minutes or less. Even the pasta gets cooked right in the pot!

Hi, friends

This is just a super quick post; the twinnies aren't feeling terribly cooperative today.  I'm obviously linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week, and today is about make ahead meals.


I love using my crockpot during back to school season, but this is a newer recipe that I am legitimately obsessed with.  I would honestly make it every single week if I could get the hubs on board for it.  But tragically he doesn't love Mexican the way that I do.  So here's why I think this recipe is so great:  first, I feel like often 30 minute recipes really take longer than 30 minutes to make because you have to cup, chop, etc.  But there's no cutting or chopping in this recipe so it really takes 30 minutes (sometimes 25 if you're really organized and your meat is thawed).  Secondly, you only need one pot to make it so clean-up is super easy.  And, as a bonus, there are always tons of leftovers (lunch the next day, anyone?)  I could write a love story about this recipe, but instead I"ll just share the link with you.  Put this in your belly. NOW.

(For the record, it never looks this nice when I make it, but it's so dang delicious.)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That is on the list for this week! Love Mexican style food! So easy and yummy looking! Thanks! The Techie Playground

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I like to think your taste buds will thank me later. =) Hope you enjoy!

      Delete