Thursday, September 3, 2015

September Currently

Twice in one day?!  This is what happens when the twinnies take marathon morning naps.  I'm taking a quick break from #TeacherWeek15 to post my September Currently.


Y'all.  The AC in our apartment runs SO LOUDLY!  Like when the hubs and I are watching shows in earnest we have to turn them up to hear them over the air.  We have to do it with the heat, too.  It's so crazy.  I don't know why it's a thing in this apartment because it's never been an issue before, but it's so loud.  

The twinnies are 5 months old.  What the what?!  How can that be?!  It's so crazy to believe, like when I think back to April 2nd it's totally surreal.  It was such a crazy week and a crazy day and it's completely unreal to me that the boys are growing so big, but they're regular baby sizes now and they can smile and hold stuff and they're starting to play.  I like to pretend that they like reading as much as I do because I make them read with me every day.  

If I'm going to commit to staying home then I need a plan.  Or at least some goals.  I can't just sit home with these boys.  As much as I love them that will drive me crazy.  

I don't know about you, but fall is a lovely time of year. I love when the seasons change and all the colors of fall.  And the pumpkin flavored everything.  (Which reminds me that I should probably start thinking about some costumes for the boys.)  But it is so DANG HOT that I really can't mentally prepare for fall.  It's going to be 96 today and it's been over 90 every day this week.  Summer just won't let go.  Which is mainly a bummer just because it makes it tricky to take out our pup and the babes for a walk.  

Apparently, I have lots of needs.  Who knew?  I swear, these boys plot against me.  When M was sleeping through the night, T always woke up and now that T is sleeping through the night M is waking up.  Ay, ay, ay.  I feel like this is just #twinlife.  Yes?  

So, clearly, we've got some twins.  And clearly, when you have babies you gain some weight.  I mean, I'd love to lose all of the weight that I gained whilst pregnant, but for the first time in my life (seriously) the number on the scale isn't the goal.  I know these guys are tiny now, but pretty soon they'll be moving, and before I know it they'll be all over the place all the time.  My personal goal is to be fit and healthy to be a model for these nuggets.  I never want to have to tell them that I can't do something (play a game, run a race, etc.) because I'm out of shape.  I would say it's currently going well (see what I did there.  Currently.  Haha), and I'm feeling optimistic that I'll stick with this.  Cutting down carbs wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I think it's really helped me stay on track.  If we talk numbers I gained 40 pounds while pregnant and I've lost 24 so far.  Like I said, I'm trying to not get too hung up on numbers.  

And last but not least, I'm trying to not get too hung up on planning.  Our lease is up this February and we're currently (there it is again) trying to decide what our next move is--buy a house, move back home, rent again (please, no).  I just hate when things are up in the air, but this isn't something that I have a ton of control over, so I'm trying to be inspired by Elsa and Anna to let it go.  I'll let you know how that goes.  

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the interwebs.  I gotta go feed these babies; they're rousing from their AM nap.  Have a great long weekend!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Your babies sound adorable! I am ready for Fall too! It's my absolute favorite season with all things pumpkin, sweaters, and boots. Stay cool over there, I have a feeling we'll miss summer once it's truly gone!

    Jayme

    ReplyDelete