Sunday, August 2, 2015

It's August already?!

Y'all.

I need to stop the presses for a minute.  Today, August 2nd, the twinnies are FOUR MONTHS old!  Can you believe it?!  I sure as heck can't.  I can't believe that 4 months ago we were in the hospital and they told us that we couldn't go back and that we were going to have babies.  This has been such a crazy and overwhelming journey so far, and these boys have come so far in just 4 short months.  I can't wait to see where they go next.  #NICU #twinmom  Okay, enough sappy stuff.  Here's what's Currently happening in my apartment.

Currently, T is sleeping in his boppy, and M is making sweet baby sounds right next to me.  Baby sounds are the best.  Unless it's emergency hungry feed me baby sounds.  Those are NOT the best.

I don't know how the weather has been where you all live, but it's been so dang hot here that we haven't been able to participate in lots of outdoor activities because of the boys.  But this past week we've had a mini-break from the crazy heat and we've been able to do some fun outdoor activities.  On Friday, I took the boys and our pup out for a 5 mile walk.  It was so nice out we just kept walking.  And we went to a 90s cover band concert that night.  So fun.

If you read my blog on the reg, you know that this year is the first year in 6 years that I'm not going back to school.  I'm staying at home for at least half the year with the twinnies.  It was mostly a fiscal choice, but it still feels weird to not be in that hyped up back to school mode.  Even though I'm not going back to school, I still feel so busy.  I always have these really ambitious daily goals about blogging and creating TpT products, but these boys take up so much time!  I mean, I love them.  But I don't love the hit my productivity has taken.

Next Friday, we're taking our first trip with the boys.  Just heading home for a friend's wedding, but it will be busy because so many people want to see the boys.  But I really hate packing, and now I have to pack for 2 extra creatures.  Blarg.  It will be fun though.

One last quick plug--don't forget to give feedback on your TpT purchases so you can get credits for the back to school sale!

Happy back to school!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    Being a mom of twins - I am surprised you have time for anything. I have three children, all teens now, but I had one at a time and that was challenging. Enjoy your time off with them!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being another MOM of TWINS...enjoy it..they grow fast! Mine are 30 with their own kids! GMA here! Best decision you ever made! Looking back..you are making life memories! Enjoy! Wendy 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. So impressed that you are blogging at all! :) Yay to having twins! :) Enjoy your time with the babies!

    All the best,
    Laura K. @2nd_Bugs
    Ms. Pretzel's 2nd Grade Bugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's VERY hot here too :(

    Man a 90s cover band would be EPIC.

    Aww, I'm sure your brain is brimming with ideas when you do go back, though :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete