Thursday, July 9, 2015

Currently, I'm late everywhere for everything, all the time. Yikes.

Hey, y'all

I'm pretty sure there's no one left reading this sad little blog anymore.  I didn't really mean for it to dry up the way it did, but life definitely got in my way these last few months.  The short version of the story is that I ended up having our twins incredibly early, they spent 6 weeks in the NICU, and I've been living a crazy life as a twin mom ever since.  I don't know how many of you have twins, but man, this is not a joke.  Needless to say, when I was hustling back and forth to the NICU blogging was not at the top of my priority list.  And now that I'm home with the boys just finding the time to actually blog is the largest challenge.  Whenever they're sleeping I feel like I should put in a load of laundry, or clean up the kitchen, or pay attention to our lovely pup, or clean one of the many dirty things in our apartment.  But y'all didn't come here to read about the struggles of twin babies and maintaining some shred of cleanliness, so without any further ado here's my July Currently.  9 days late...

Right now, the hubs and I are in the middle of a serious Breaking Bad binge.  To be honest, it took me a really long time to get into this show.  I was super lukewarm on it for a really long time, but now I'm really into it.  And our course, in between the drug discussions and money laundering woes of Breaking Bad I can hear our tiny twinnies in our bedroom, sleeping.

I will say nothing quite alters the pace of your life like having two babies at once.  Now, I imagine that have just one regular baby could also really be a jolt, but I've never had just one baby.  With these two babies, I will not be teaching next year.  It's a really crazy reality, but living in DC with no family around childcare is just ludicrously expensive here and I feel pretty confident that I can net what I would have taken home after child care just staying home with the boys.  I'm still planning t blog about classroom ideas.  My next venture I think it going to be a series on organization for different parts of your classroom/teaching.  Stay tuned for that.  So now I need to come up with some professional and financial goals for myself to achieve within the next year, and then I just need 3 or 4 more extra hours every day to make it happen.  Sounds really reasonable, right?    Well, maybe with my all star skills of staying positive and solutions oriented will help me.  I like to live by Vanilla Ice's lyrical genius--if there's a problem, yo, I'll solve it.

And with that, sweet friends, I leave you.  If you're in Vegas, I hope you're having a great time.  If you're not in Vegas I hope you're still having a great time.  It's important to make sure you're always having fun.  =)

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. My hubby and I started to watch Breaking Bad and like you at first I wasn't really into it, but then I got addicted! I love it and cant wait to watch each episode. Enjoy it! Kristi Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, first of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That's a quiet yell by the way so not to wake the babies. Your are on an amazing journey that nothing can compare to and things like a blog can wait until your have found your home rhythm. Now from one mum to another (and I've only had one at a time), during those sleep times set yourself one small job to do then rest yourself, cause you resting is the most important thing! Have fun enjoying your new journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I binge watched all of Breaking Bad over winter break last winter! We finished all of it in like 2 weeks... it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete