Friday, October 11, 2013

Five for Friday ON FRIDAY!!!!!!

Friends!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday ON FRIDAY!  I'm so proud of myself.
                                                   fiveforfriday2
Without any further babbling, I bring you our Five for Friday.  **Important Disclaimer:  the camera on my phone is broken, and I can't find my actual camera, so there are no pictures in my 5 for Friday this week.  :(  Major bummer.
This week, we had our first round of parent/teacher conferences--APTT, which stands for Academic Parent Teacher Teams.  It's this really cool, data driven type of conference.  It went well; we had about 20 parents show up the first night, and have been able to catch up with more of them since. 

I am SO JAZZED that we have a long weekend coming up.  These past few weeks have been a little crazy. I'm also super jazzed to see the Zac Brown Band in concert on Sunday.  I don't generally love county, but I do love that Zac Brown Band.  

Even though I live in DC quite close to the Mall, I haven't been down in that area since the shutdown began.  Earlier tonight, the hubs and I were driving to VA and we drove down past the Mall, Independence Ave SE/SW, and the Tidal Basin area and it was totally surreal to see NOT A SOUL anywhere.  Even in the torrential rain there's always a few tourists running around who won't be stopped.  It was completely bizarre to see no one.  

Today, I went to a labsite at another school and it was POURING rain here.  I mean, I thought I was going to have to build an ark.  So, before our meeting started we ran out to get lunch.  I didn't really plan for the weather and my bag didn't close; I did have my rain coat but everything in my bag was getting soaked.  We only had to walk like 2 blocks back to the school and in that short time our paper bags got so wet they started ripping.  I mean, it was really nuts.  It was also equally pouring when the labsite ended, and we had to walk back to the car.  Then, I was dropped off a few blocks from my house to walk home and I was wondering where I happened to put my umbrella.  I opened my bag and it was Right. In. Side.  The whole DANG time!  Ugh.  Total palm to forehead moment.  

I'm so excited about some forthcoming blog makeovers!  My brother's best friend is doing some graphic design for me, and I've only see the preview of the button, but I'm feeling pretty excited about what's coming my way.  

Alright, y'all.  I have a lesson plan due tonight (that isn't finished), and a speech (that isn't written) to give tomorrow at my sorority's Founders' Day lunch so I need to get down to business.  Have a great weekend!
xoxo
Rachel






No comments:

Post a Comment